Thanks in part to the Lord of the Rings, New Zealand has become a massively popular tourist attraction. Over the course of the past ten, twelve years, people from all over the world have come to appreciate the extraordinary, staggering beauty of this remote part of the world. From the deep, rolling hills, to the lush forests, to the unique culture, New Zealand offers a great deal.
If you are looking for a wonderful place to have your wedding, it is well worth considering New Zealand.
Have You Considered New Zealand For Your Wedding?
The Lord of the Rings films, as well as the recent Hobbit trilogy, have done a wonderful job of emphasizing the lush, dizzying beauty of the New Zealand landscape. However, if you truly want to appreciate the diversity and potential for adventure offered through this country, you’re going to want to do a little more research.
The more you learn about New Zealand, the more excited you are going to become about what it has to offer. Imagine the type of wedding you would like to have. Chances are, New Zealand can accommodate you.
Major Wedding Destinations In New Zealand
As you learn more about the top wedding destinations in New Zealand, you’re bound to come across the following possibilities:
- The Church of the Good Shepard: Located at Lake Tekapo, the location alone for the Church of the Good Shepard is going to take your breath away. While it is still used as a place of significant worship, it is also very popular as a wedding destination. You’re going to find yourself surrounded by miles and miles of gorgeous mountain visuals.
- Wellington: This remarkable city in New Zealand is also the capital. It is one of the top tourist destinations, to be sure. At the same time, it is a city that is packed with wonderful wedding destination possibilities. You can exchange vows at the beautiful marae at Te Papa, which is the country’s national museum. Old St. Paul’s is another possibility.
- Mount Cook: Try to imagine a wedding at the top of Tasman Glacier. You’ll be able to exchange your vows amongst the snow-capped peaks of the region, located in one of the most visually arresting locales on the planet.
- Have a catamaran adventure: If you’re willing to plunk down some cash for a catamaran, you can take advantage of one of the most thrilling wedding opportunities imaginable. You can sail around the stunning tropics of the Bay of Islands, or you can explore everything Lake Rotoiti has to offer.
- Consider a hot air balloon wedding: If you really want to appreciate the tremendous scenic beauty of New Zealand, you may want to consider a hot air balloon wedding. To that end, learn more about the Canterbury plains, or perhaps, the stunning mountains of Queenstown. Just make sure you’re not afraid of heights!
The above five possibilities represent a mere sampling of what’s available to you. Rotorua’s Hell’s Gate can offer one of the most unique backdrops for a wedding you could ever experience. Hawke’s Bay offers some beautiful vineyards, ideal for weddings and other occasions. Waiheke Island is another part of New Zealand that offers a range of wondrous, unique local vineyards and wineries.
Where Should I Have My Wedding In New Zealand?
In addition to all of the possibilities mentioned above, it is worth keeping in mind that New Zealand is also home to some of the most remarkable luxury lodges you have ever seen. Solitaire Lodge is a good example of what you can find. One of the first luxury lodges ever opened in New Zealand, Solitaire Lodge gives you a wedding ceremony that will connect you to stunning views of Lake Tarawera. You’re also going to love the horseback riding, the walking trails, and the fine dining. Bay of Many Coves, Eagles Nest Lodge, and Treetops Lodge & Estate are three more examples of luxury lodges in New Zealand.
At the end of the day, you can find your dream wedding in New Zealand. Whether you opt for the spots above, or if you check out a golf course like Kauri Cliffs, you can find something in New Zealand to give you the wedding you desire. This is a country with much to offer.